In the past year, there’s been a boom in the number of cannabis dispensaries opening up in Phuket, Thailand. With the Thai government now legalizing cannabis, many entrepreneurs are seeing this as a business opportunity. However, there are both pros and cons to this development. Here’s a look at some of the key points.
1. More choice for tourists – With so many dispensaries to choose from, tourists are sure to find one that suits their needs. Whether they’re looking for high-quality weed or cheapo stuff, there’s a dispensary for everyone.
2. More jobs – Obviously, with more dispensaries comes more jobs. This is good news for the people of Phuket who are looking for work in the cannabis industry.
3. More tax revenue – With more dispensaries comes more tax revenue for the Thai government. This is a good thing as it will help to improve infrastructure and public services on the island.
1. Many dispensaries are selling low-quality weed – With so many dispensaries vying for business, some are selling low-quality weed in order to stay afloat. This is bad news for tourists as it means they might not get the quality they were expecting.
2. Some dispensaries are located far from tourist areas – While there are plenty of dispensaries located in tourist-friendly areas, there are also quite a few that are located far away from where most tourists will be staying. This makes it difficult and inconvenient for tourists to access those particular shops.
3. Prices are all over the place – With so many dispensaries competing against each other, prices can vary greatly from one place to another. This make it hard for tourists to know if they’re getting a good deal or not.
Below we go into a bit more detail about some of these pros and cons.
Pro: More Choice for Tourists
One of the biggest benefits of the large number of cannabis dispensaries in Phuket is that tourists now have more choice when it comes to where they buy their weed. In the past, it was only ever possible to buy cannabis on the black market and the quality was often poor. Now, with so many options available, tourists can choose a dispensary that offers high-quality weed at a reasonable price.
Con: Dispensaries Are Popping Up Everywhere
While the increase in cannabis dispensaries is great for tourists looking to buy weed, it’s not so great for those who sell ganja in Phuket. The truth is, too many of these dispensaries are popping up and competition is high. While it might be the dream of many stoners to own and run a weed dispensary, in reality there isn’t room for every budding (pun intended) , cannabis entrepreneur to run a shop.
Con: Low Quality Weed Is Being Sold
With so many dispensaries competing for business, many are selling low quality weed just to stay afloat. This is bad news for tourists who may not know any better and end up buying subpar weed. It’s also bad news for the reputation of Thai cannabis overall. If word gets out that most of the weed being sold in Phuket is low quality, it could damage the image of Thai cannabis and make it harder for good dispensaries to stay in business.
The increase in cannabis dispensaries in Phuket has both its pros and its cons. On the one hand, it’s great for tourists who now have more choice when it comes to where they buy their weed, and can buy it legally. On the other hand, many of these dispensaries are selling low quality weed, which could damage the reputation of Thai cannabis overall. Only time will tell how this developments plays out but we expect in the next 6-12 months that many of the dispensaries that have recently opened up will shut down due to lack